List of Calendar Format symbols valid in Sketchware
The calendar Format block in Sketchware provides a space where we can write the format in which we want the date or time to be displayed. We can use various symbols to construct our own custom date format.
Here is a list of valid symbols along with their use which can be used in Sketchware for formatting the date/calendar.
In all examples the date 12 Jul 2017 17:19:56 has been used.
- d: date of month without 0 prefix, e.g. 12.
- dd: date of month in two digits, e.g. 12.
- M: month in year, e.g. 7.
- MM: month in year in two digits, e.g. 07.
- MMM: month name in year displayed as three letter abbreviation, e.g. Jul.
- MMMM: month in year displayed as full month name, e.g. July.
- MMMMM: first letter of month name, e.g. J.
- y : year, e.g. 2017.
- yy: last two digits of year, e.g. 17.
- yyyy: year, e.g. 2017.
- h: hour in day in 12-hour format, e.g. 5.
- hh: hour in day in two digits, e.g. 05.
- H: hour in day in 24-hour format, e.g. 17.
- HH: hour in day 24-hour format in two digits.
- m: minutes in hour.
- mm: minutes in hour in two digits.
- s: seconds in minute.
- ss: seconds in minute in two digits.
- S: displays 1/10 of second in second.
- SS: displays two digit 1/100 of second.
- SSS: displays milliseconds in second.
- a: displays AM/PM.
- G: dispays era, e.g. AD.
- w: displays week in year.
- W: displays week in month.
- D: day in year.
- F: day of week in month, e.g. 2 for date given above as it is second wednesday in month.
- E: day name in abbreviation, e.g. Wed.
- EEE: day name in abbreviation, e.g. Wed.
- EEEE: full day name, e.g. Wednesday.
- EEEEE: first letter of day name, e.g. W.
- k: hour in day, same as H.
- K: hour in day in 12-hour format, same as h.
- z: time zone, e.g. GMT+05:30.
- Z: time zone, e.g. +0530.
- c: displays day name, same as E.
- L: month in year. Same as M.
Any text which we wish to include in our calendar format display can be written enclosed in single quotes ('your text').
e.g. E 'today' d will be displayed as Wed today 12.
Thanks! This blog is a lifesaver for me and many others I'm sure.ReplyDelete
hey wht i cant see button 2on sketchware and it's too irritatingReplyDelete
How to create a calendar format,, in the newer versionReplyDelete
Sketchware Data Date Wise Today Yesterday Date RangeDelete
for some reason im getting this "11-327-2018 04:26:00", when trying the format "MM-DD-YYYY hh:mm:ss". whats wrong with the month?ReplyDelete
the DD to small letter e,g ddDelete
a big thank you for you, I learned a lot with you, good luck.ReplyDelete
and " u" is not working (note that it gives the day of week number in SimpleDateFormat )ReplyDelete
"u" is for api 24 and aboveDelete
How to get date different in sketchware and how to get < or > dateReplyDelete
how to get the date Diff from two date which are in yyyy\MM\dd HH:MM iReplyDelete
Скажмте, как вывести 24-часовой формат времени?ReplyDelete
how to get gmt or utc time,, please if you can help please email me firstname.lastname@example.orgReplyDelete
What type of format use to show hijri date and time???ReplyDelete
Day of this monthReplyDelete
Very useful 👍ReplyDelete